Victims Services

Victims Access Line 1800 633 063, Aboriginal Contact Line 1800 019 123 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm)

Make an application

Steps to apply

1. Find out your eligibility for support

For more information, see Eligibility criteria.

2. Collect information to support your application

All applicants must complete an application form and submit it with a copy of a current government issued identification. For example, a driver’s licence, passport, Medicare card, or a card issued by Centrelink.

You may need to send us additional information depending on the type of support you are applying for.

For more information, see:

Optional support templates

Below are various templates you can use to support your Victims Services application, please see How to collect information to support your application (PDF , 72.9 KB) for more information on using these templates.

Certificate of Injury

Certificate of injury (PDF , 649.5 KB)

Purpose: Collect information about how the violent crime has affected you physically or psychologically/emotionally.

Who fills it out? Medical practitioner or other health practitioner

Certificate of Earnings

Certificate of Earnings (PDF , 99.2 KB)

Purpose: Use the Certificate of Earnings template to collect information about how you were unable to work because of the violent crime.

Who fills it out? Employer

Expense form and Family victims travel expenses declaration form

Expense form (PDF , 81.0 KB) for primary victims or Family members of a homicide victim (Family Victim) travel expenses declaration form (PDF , 131.1 KB)

Purpose: Primary victims can use the Expense form to claim new costs relating to the violent crime if you have already submitted an application form.

For family members of a homicide victim (Family Victim), to declare travel expenses incurred as a family victim as a direct result of the act of violence.

Who fills it out? The applicant or their representative

Government-funded organisation report

Government-funded organisation report (PDF , 122.1 KB)

Purpose: Collect information about the violent crime if you reported it to a government or government-funded organisation instead of the police.

Who fills it out? Government or government-funded organisation.

Important information

  • In the absence of a police report, a government funded organisation report or a report from a government agency may be provided.
  • If you are applying for financial assistance for economic loss and/or a recognition payment please send us medical, dental or counselling reports that show how the violent crime has affected you. We cannot assess your claim until your reports are received. Your reports must be submitted within 12 months of submitting your application.

3. Submit your application form along with the required supporting documentation

Application forms

Fill out the relevant online application form:

PDF versions of the forms are also available.

Authorising a person to act on your behalf

Complete authorise someone to act on your behalf (PDF , 64.8 KB) (PDF , 69.8 KB), to make enquiries and to receive written communication in relation to an application.

Support filling out your application

If you need help or have any questions – ask a support worker, friend or family member. Or please call our free Victims Access Line (VAL) on 1800 633 063 or the Aboriginal Contact Line (ACL) on 1800 019 123 where we have people who can help you.

Support workers or agencies may also be able to assist their clients with filling out their Victims Services applications. See Supporting your client’s application for more information and templates that can be used to support a client’s application.

What happens next? 

Victim Services will assess your application soon and advise you of the outcome.

If you have further questions, please contact us

Last updated:

22 Dec 2021

Was this content useful?
We will use your rating to help improve the site.

Please select a valid option.

Please don't include personal or financial information here

Please select a valid option.

Please don't include personal or financial information here
Thank you for your feedback.

We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the First Nations Peoples of NSW and pay our respects to Elders past, present, and future. 

Informed by lessons of the past, Department of Communities and Justice is improving how we work with Aboriginal people and communities. We listen and learn from the knowledge, strength and resilience of Stolen Generations Survivors, Aboriginal Elders and Aboriginal communities.

You can access our apology to the Stolen Generations.

What's this? To leave this site quickly, click the 'Quick Exit' button. You will be taken to

Top Return to top of page Top