If you are a current approved counsellor, you can access resources and update your details through the Approved Counsellor Portal (VS Connect).
Victims Services welcomes applications from suitably qualified persons to become an approved counsellor under the Victims Support Scheme. The Scheme provides counselling to victims of violent crime who often have complex trauma symptoms.
To be considered, you will:
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists
- Australian Association of Social Workers
OR be registered as one of the following:
- a psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority
- a level 3 or 4 member of the Australian Counselling Association
- a clinical member of the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia
To apply, you must complete the online application form for approved counsellors.
Approved counsellors are subject to operating guidelines that can be accessed as part of the application process.
Further information may be obtained by contacting us and asking to speak to the Approved Counselling Programs Team.
16 Sep 2021
We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the First Nations Peoples of NSW and pay our respects to Elders past, present, and future.
Informed by lessons of the past, Department of Communities and Justice is improving how we work with Aboriginal people and communities. We listen and learn from the knowledge, strength and resilience of Stolen Generations Survivors, Aboriginal Elders and Aboriginal communities.
You can access our apology to the Stolen Generations.