Learn how our essential services will continue to operate as we respond 'Together against COVID-19'.

Victims Access Line (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm) 1800 633 063

Quick Exit

If your rights have not been met      

  1. You should talk to the person you are dealing with in the government agency about the problem. Generally the problem can be fixed that way.

  2. If you are still not satisfied, you can ask the staff at that agency how to make a complaint to their agency. They can arrange interpreters or other assistance if required. You can ask someone you trust to support you.

  3. If you are still not satisfied after the complaint has been looked at by the government agency, or are concerned about complaining to them, you can contact Victims Services. It is Victim Services' responsibility to help you with your complaint and tell you what can be done about it.

For further information about making a complaint under the Charter, please read the information sheet Making a complaint under the Charter of Victims Rights (PDF, 164Kb).

You can make a complaint by:

NOTE: The PDF forms on this page may not be compatible with all PDF readers. Tablets, smartphones (e.g. iPhones and Android) and some browser plugins (e.g. recent versions of Firefox) are known to have problems. Victims Services is looking into this. You can save a copy of the downloadable form and use Adobe Reader to fill it in or call Victims Services who will fill in the form for you.

If you are not sure if your complaint refers to a Charter issue look at the Charter rights and if you are still not sure call Victims Services.