Learn how our essential services will continue to operate as we respond 'Together against COVID-19'.

Victims Access Line 1800 633 063 Aboriginal Contact Line 1800 019 123 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm)

Quick Exit

How to apply 

To apply for victims support, please carefully fill out the application form and submit it with a copy of a current government issued ID (for example, a driver's license, passport, Medicare card, or a card issued by Centrelink). If you do not include ID, we may not accept your application.

The online application forms can be found on the Forms page.

Make sure you provide all the information needed to support your application. Please read What documents are needed to receive victims support? to learn more about what information is needed for each support type.

If you are applying for financial assistance for economic loss and/or a recognition payment, you need to send us medical, dental or counselling reports that show how the violent crime has affected you. We cannot assess your claim until your reports are received. If you do not give us your reports within 12 months of lodging your application, your claim will be closed.

If you need help, contact:
Victims Access Line (VAL) on 1800 633 063 or 
Aboriginal Contact Line (ACL) on 1800 019 123

What happens next?

Victim Services will assess your application and advise you of the outcome.

We can provide you with information, referrals to other services and ongoing advice to help you navigate through your justice journey. 

For brochures on this and related topics please refer to our Publications page.