Justice Home > Victims Services and Support

If your rights have not been met

  1. You should talk to the person you are dealing with in the government agency about the problem. Usually the problem can be fixed that way.    

  2. If you are still not satisfied, you can ask the staff to tell you how to make a complaint to the agency. They can arrange interpreters or other assistance if required. You can ask someone you trust to support you.

  3. If you are still not satisfied after the complaint has been looked at by the government agency, or are concerned about doing this, you can contact Victims Services. It is Victims Services' job to help you with your complaint and tell you what can be done about it.    

For further information about making a complaint under the Charter, please read the guide, Information about making a complaint under the Charter of Victims Rights (PDF, 164Kb). 

You can make a complaint by telephoning the Victims Access Line, or you can submit a written complaint using the Charter of Victims Rights complaint form (PDF, 224Kb) to Victims Services electronically or by sending a form by post or fax.

Victims Services contact details

Victims Access Line: 1800 633 063
Email: vs@justice.nsw.gov.au
Fax: (02) 8688 9632

Postal address:
Commissioner of Victims Rights
Victims Services
Locked Bag 5118

Street address:
Level 1, Justice Precinct Offices
160 Marsden Street PARRAMATTA NSW 2150
Hours: 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)

If you are not sure if your complaint refers to a Charter issue look at the Charter rights and if you are still not sure call Victims Services